2016 Speaking Engagements/Book Talks
Due to the birth of two new grandchildren and a writing retreat in the Greek Islands, I will be on hiatus from speaking engagements until June 2016. Contact me for rates and availability at email@example.com.
2015 Speaking Engagements/Book Talks
March 8-11, 2015 National AfterSchool Association (NAA) Convention, Washington D.C. Title: Dynamic Partnerships with Higher Education. Partnerships between colleges and afterschool programs can strengthen the quality of children’s educational opportunities beyond the school day and build social emotional skills at the same time. Learn how to leverage funds while connecting youngsters with college students who can enrich their knowledge and their lives.
March 22, 2015 Delta Kappa Gamma (Leading Women Educators Impacting Education Worldwide) AREA IV Event: Celebrate Reading. Los Gatos Lodge, Los Gatos, California
April, 2015 13th annual Afterschool Summit. Jefferson State Community College, Birmingham, Alabama.
June 18-19, 2015 Online Education Conference, San Diego Convention Center, San Diego, California
November 5, 2015 Delta Kappa Gamma Information Meeting: Young Writers Project in Santa Cruz Unified School District
Gavilan Community College, Gilroy, California
- CD2 Early Child Development (3 units; 16 weeks; online)
- CD3 Development During the School Years (3 units; 16 weeks; online)
Classes start January 26, 2016. Contact information: www.gavilan.edu
A Selection of Published Articles
- Research in Adult Learning Theory To Improve Programs for Kids
- School Age Care in Australia
- Fears in School-Age Children
- An Interview with John Holt
PDFs of Powerpoint Presentations
- Working With Children and Families in Conflict
- Expanding Cultural Awareness in Teachers
- Cooking & Math